Warwick Pro FET IV
Warwick Pro FET IV

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Warwick belonging to the Pro FET series.

moixjj moixjj
Publié le 01/26/08 à 11:35
Everything has already been said in the previous opinion so I will not drive the point home.
Note that it is twice as complete as the new version 5.1. Warwick has made a big step backwards. These extras (boost treble-mid-low) are the main interest of the beast ... So I do not see the whole point of buying the new version.
The policy of Warwick in amplifier can be a bit unsettling.

The sound is easily obtained within the scope of the head.
The boost is relatively practical and color the sound a lot ... that is, by the way is very neutral.
The equalization is complete and can visit a wide range of tone.
The mute is very practical.
The tone knob can catch the breath that appears when you boost the mids.
This is neither a gas plant or a cheap gadget. Correct. However it is quite the hassle to put effects.

Poor sound! I played it with a warwick fortress one, a SR500 Ibanez bass and a Fender acoustic.
As the sound is very neutral, I felt that it was the warwick amplified the head and not the other way ... feeling hard to explain but I understand.
Avoid with a low acoustic. The Ibanez him out sometimes sounds a little weird depending on the day.
In short, the sound is not reliable. I finally stuck him like a bassdriver preamp to give it some heat ... I have yet to find the right mix.
This kind of head is doing a great low, it will restore the well without the magnifier. As I play progressive rock, alternative, that lack of energy. Coupled with a Hartke cabinet, it does not spark.
Personally, I think this accommodates quite well as styles of jazz quiet, without too much bass or treble.

Honestly, again, I would put a little more money to have a head with a lamp as a preamp for a hotter and less neutral.
This head is more correct and practical ... probably much better than the new models in the same range.
In terms of value, it sure is interesting ... now we're not going to do with this metal stuff.
I'll probably change soon, ideally against a head Hughes & Kettner Quantum (2115 and baffle that goes with it) or the Traynor with 200 lamps everywhere (yum).

Well, I finally managed to find the right mix with the Sansamp and it's nice. Playing with both I get really find her interesting. As against this is not yet the head that I bought Ashdown.