Warwick Pro FET 5.1
Warwick Pro FET 5.1

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Warwick belonging to the Pro FET series.

Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/01/08 à 07:44
(Originally written by pink2506/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
The Warwick Pro Fet 5.1 is a 500-watt solid-state amp (at 4 ohms).

Very comprehensive connections: Line output, pre or post EQ DI output, tuner output, FX loop, 1/4" and Speakon speaker outputs. Both speaker outputs can be used at the same time to get 500 watts of output power (at 4 ohms).

Controls: switchable and adjustable compressor, contour filter plus 5-band EQ.

The amp also has three switches labeled Deep, Bright and Mute.

Very easy, effective and intuitive configuration.

You'll be able to get the sound you want easily and quickly.

The user's manual is clear and well conceived.

I play mainly classic rock but also soul and funk and this amp gives very good results in every music style!!!

I get a round and warm sound for classic rock and I can quickly change to a crystal-clear and twangy sound for funk tunes and slapping.

For soul I use a sound in between this two settings.

I play with a Fender Jazz Bass Classic 60's, an Ashdown 4 x 10" speaker cabinet and an Ashdown 15" speaker cabinet. The sound is excellent.

I get a killer and punchy sound at a very low price!!

I've been using this amp for over one month and I'm very satisfied with it.

The only disadvantage is its weight, it's very heavy...

But that's probably the sign of a good quality amp...

Before buying it, I played with a Hartke (average...) and an Ashdown.

Then I ordered the Ashdown MAG 600 Evo II amp head but considering the very long delivery time I changed it for this Warwick and until now I don't regret my choice at all.

This amp has an unbeatable value for money, it provides 500 watts RMS, an excellent sound, a sturdy construction and comprehensive connections at a very affordable price. You won't find a better choice...

On the contrary, you'll find much worst amps at much lower prices!!!