Ampeg B15 Fliptop
Ampeg B15 Fliptop
Publié le 01/02/10 à 22:01
The Ampeg B15 Fliptop is one of my favorite bass amps to use for recording.  The amp is a tube based consisting of two separate channels.  The first channels has 1/4 inch inputs for guitar and bass, while the second channel just has an input for bass.  That's pretty much all that there is in terms of the make up of the amp, so as you can see it is pretty simple to follow.

Getting a great sound from the Ampeg B15 Fliptop isn't to hard to do in my opinion, as everything is self explanatory and easy to follow.  Each of the two channels simply has parameters for volume, bass, and treble, which is just about as basic of parameters as you will see on any amp.  I find that as long as there is a good bass player and a good bass involved, this amp will definitely take care of the rest.  In no circumstances could I really see a need for a manual when using this amp...

The overall sound of the Ampeg B15 Fliptop is outstanding.  This is generally seen as one of the most popular bass amps out there amongst bass players as it has a rich sound that is great for all sorts of applications.  While I've never used the amp personally for a live show, judging by my use of this amp in the studio, this is a sound that will translate anywhere.  I've never met a bass player who didn't like using this amp as it is really a universal feeling.  For both a Fender Jazz or P-Bass, this amp does a great job of bringing out the best features in your sound.

I can't say that I've got any problems with the Ampeg B15 Fliptop.  The amp has served me while during a number of sessions and I've always been pleased with the sound that I'm able to get.  The price is definitely reasonable even though it isn't exactly cheap, as you are getting a bass amp that should last a long time.  Every bass player should definitely have the pleasure of trying out the B15 and is an amp that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a top notch bass rig.