< Tous les avis Crate B80XL
Crate B80XL
nicobass94 nicobass94

«  Excellent for beginners ... and go on ... »

Published on 06/26/12 at 07:05
For specifications, see the plug.
In summary: 80W bass combo transistor with a 15-hp ".

The 80W are present and can be repeated without problems, including for occasions where the drummer taps for real like "rock'n'roll" by Led Zeppelin. For concerts or the bass is back on the sound system, it is also no problem for onstage. No worries either to play in bars and pubs.
For outdoor concerts, on the other hand it will show its limits (do not push grandpa to suck eggs ...) but still allows to ensure a minimum lack of anything better. In a metal band, facing a drummer and two guitarists beefy 100W, I suppose it must be limited also ...

The longevity of the HP 15 "is provided by a limiter that prevents power peaks. A green LED lights when the limiter is working. Yet this is not a compressor and do not count on him to ensure that pure role.

Configuration is very simple, it is extremely quick to find a good sound.
filter "shape" is specific: neutral at noon, warm and cozy to the left, slamming precise and to the right.
The bass boost allows you to have real bass and treble boost to help crack the most asmathique slap bass passive.
The 7-band égualiseur provides virtually any sound (at least when the requirement was an amateur, even confirmed) and will ring the lowest low of the range, which was e my case initially.

I have the manual but in good French that I am, I do not know where he is and if I opened it at least once ;-) We can not do without pb.

I play in a rock band but many other styles have been played carefree on this amp on the occasion together "multiple groups", punk, reggae, pop etc. ...
I play as well (or as badly lol) to pick with the fingers and I do not use any effect. I slap a little on one or two pieces.
I started with a low accuracy imitation to Cheap no name, and then have long played an active Ibanez SDGR 800 and some years I have a 5 string Warwick Rock bass (with a so serious).
I have more weight in mind, but is the quality of ransom, it is not super light. Despite all the original handle is still in very good condition.

I play with this amp since its purchase in October 1991 Pigale (if memory serves), based on a rehearsal a week and 5-6 concerts per year.
The big plus of this amp are for me: bass boost, EQ and limiter.
I played one year at the beginning of a huge body with two Ampeg cabinet 2 x 15 "but it was with my first low prices and I never managed to get a sound that I liked at the time so that 'with the crate I could easily erase the faults of my bass.
I've played since, occasionally, on a lot of other amps: Fender Rumble 100W, HA3500 Hartke, Peavey TKO 115, behringer BXL300 but I'm still happy with my amp. If I had to change, I'd take a head with a Hartke 2x10 for traveling light or 4x10 + 1x15 for large events.

The only problem some months ago for electronics. There were some causes of false contacts welds on two large resistors that showed signs of weakness. A few turns of the screw, a few drops of tin and a few strokes of a soldering iron later, it returned to its original. After 20 years, do we blame him? ...

For the price, at the time, I think I made the best choice. The quality / price ratio is simply outstanding, and again, I would.