< Tous les avis Crate BX100
Crate BX100
MGR/Sir Puffers Rabbinald the Third MGR/Sir Puffers Rabbinald the Third

« Crate BX-100 »

Published on 08/16/10 at 15:00
I am Sir Puffers Rabbinald the Third of Comparative Anatomy, the most barrage drum and bass band on the animal planet. I play lightning treble bass. We have played since birth. This amp was Puffer's first real bass amp. It's a large, cube-shaped, off-black amplifier with a handle at the top, the Crate logo on the mesh, and tons of nobs. Along with the usual volume and gain, you have an incredible equilizer that can really give you a nice range of sound.

My mother rabbit gave it to me before I blew up the den with my lightning bass power. It cost her around $350 I believe.

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/comparativeanatomy">http://www.myspace.com/comparativeanatomy</a>

The great thing about the Crate BX-100 is its versatility. For its size, this thing delivers. It has excellent gain, a contour nob for getting a general sound for a foundation, an awesome 8-band equilizer, master level, balanced line out, and the usual. The equilization on this thing is killer, you can really, really derive some great sound out of it and an incredible range. Very versatile. In addition, aside from the fact that its only 100 Watts, this thing is LOUD. It's surprisingly loud. I've used this in medium-sized venues and was able to fill the room with wonderful lightning bursts at roughly a little over HALF of max volume. Don't let the 100W fool you, the BX-100 has some fine kick to it. Definitely good for a small or medium venue band, this thing can crank.

The only thing I really didn't like about the BX-100 is the size. One of the reasons I think it's so loud is the absolutely beast size of the cabinet the speaker is in. I mean, we're talking probably three times the necessary size. This, unfortunately, makes this cube of death incredible awkward to carry. It has NO wheels on the bottom and no handles on the sides for ease of transport, and the pathetic little handle on the top looks like it could snap at any moment, not to mention it's almost impossible to carry it around with it in any sort of way short of ridiculous. If it weren't so heavy, this might not be an issue, but its size and weight really make the BX-100 an awkward, often painful experience on the road. It damaged two car windows in the time I've had it and destroyed countless plastic things in the back seat. Make sure it's secure in the car or where, because if this thing moves, everything dies. Another issue worth noting is NOTHING inside the back to hang and/or hook the cord to. Talk about annoying, try carrying this and have the cord fall between your legs as you're going down a flight of stairs.

Still, the BX-100 is a solid, nicely put together piece of equpiment. I had it for years and cranked it up quite a bit and never had a problem with it. It's definitely built to last for a long time.

Overall, the Crate BX-100 delivers where it really needs to, the sound. Keep in mind its size may break the back of the strongest of musicians, but if you can look past this (and perhaps install your own side handles, which should be easy to do), it's a great amp and will give you all the power you need. Heck, I'd go so far as to say this is one step below a half-stack. Turn it on and see why!