« Sweet look tight sound »Publié le 07/05/11 à 12:12
Mesa/Boogie M3 Carbine Combo 300-watt Bass Amplifier Combo Features at a Glance:
* Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
* 300W at 4 ohms (165W at 8 ohms)
* Combo with 1 x 12" Speaker
* Trans-Class power/ eight power MOSFETs, 1 x 12AX7
* Tube preamp featuring gain, active bass w/pull deep, passive mids, active treble, and master volume w/pull mute
* Tuner output
* Effects loop with true "hard" bypass switch
* Balanced XLR line out with ground lift and front panel level control with pre/post pull switch
* 2-1/4" speaker output jacks
* Fan cooled
* Black Bronco vinyl cabinet covering
Number of Channels 1
Speakers 1 x 12"
EQ Bass, Mid, Treble
No Amp Modeling
Number of Tubes 1
Preamp Tubes 1 x 12AX7
Power Tubes No Power Tubes
Inputs 1 x Instrument
Outputs 2 x Speaker, 1 x XLR
No Footswitch I/O
Weight 75 lbs.
Even though it looks small the ability for it to play large venues is easy with the line out option. You can run a line signal out of this amp into the PA of a venue that you are playing where you might need a bit more power to shake the walls correctly.
Let me start with saying how much I love the tone of the carbine bass amps from Mesa Boogie. They has such a pure and sonic character to them that makes the bass lines jump out of the mix rather than hanging back an letting the guitar playing take all the glory. These amps have such a warm tone thick it great harmonics and subtle gain. You can go anywhere and feel strong about the tone you are getting with these amps.
At new this combo comes in at around $1250, which isn't a bad price for a solid built high quality bass amp combo. This head though slim in features pacts quite an enormous tone and drive.
I would buy this amp if I ever lost or got my other amp stolen. I would recommend this bass amp to any bass player who needs a no nonsense simple tones of tone bass amp. Not a lot of features but just tone for days.