Roland M-Cube-Bass-RX
Roland M-Cube-Bass-RX

Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Roland belonging to the Cube Bass series.

cbien cbien

«  Small but mighty »

Publié le 10/02/10 à 18:23
* What type of amplification (lamp, transistor ,...)?
* What is the power delivered?
* What connections?
* What are the settings, effects? ...
Amp 5w transistor (but what watts!)
Connectors: Input jack instrument or microphone, auxiliary input (line) mono or stereo jack jack 6.35 3.5, exit "rec out / phones"

Alim on 6 AA batteries or power supply provided

7 bass amp models + 1 suitable for a micro
Gain, Volume, a compressor can be activated (no settings: /)
3-band EQ, Chorus, Flanger, T-Wah (autowah), Delay, Reverb

Drum sounds very basic (it looks like a C64!)
adjustable volume, tap tempo, 10 styles with 3 variations each
+ Metronome while con

* The configuration is simple?
* Gets it easy to sound good?
* The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
The config is very simple, you just read what is written ... (!!!)
Even a prick like me understand how to fix it in 5s.
The manual is clear, in French.
To get a good sound, better to avoid the user OctaveBass is frankly dégeu.

* Will it fit your style of music?
* With what (s) guitar (s) / low (s) or effect (s) do you play?
* What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
* What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
The 7 models ... uh sorry, 6 without the bass octave, can find a sound corresponding to different styles. Better still have an active EQ on the bass for more latitude. Mode SuperFlat suits me very well.

* For how long have you been using it?
* What thing do you like most/least about it?
* Did you try many other models before getting this one?
* What is your opinion about the value for the price?
* Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
I just bought it this afternoon at Star's Music (Pigalle) and I was really skeptical about the bass ... until I try it!
It's amazing what it can own spit a lil something.
Well it sends wood without shake my bénouze playing an F, but still ...

The feature I like is its size and weight, certainly, 7kg at the end of a strap (included) is not nothing, but given the sound is not asking too much.
Because the niche of bass amps portable trèèèèèès is narrow, I have not tried others. However, I had a Laney RB1 (not portable) and 15w is squarely on the day and night!
Very good value for money, I do it again without hesitation that choice

Images linked to this review

• photo