Ampeg SVT-810E Classic
Ampeg SVT-810E Classic

Bass Guitar Speaker from Ampeg belonging to the Classic series.

raph.bass raph.bass

«  Giant! »

Published on 04/28/14 at 06:08
Well known to all bassists, 8 HP 10 ", 800W into 4 ohms bass cabinet.
I plug a George Fairlane V20 Tube Amp head inside to play just about everything.

The sound is not neutral at all, but it is not to have a neutral sound you buy this cabinet!
It looks like it was designed to accommodate a tube head: It really magnifies my Fairlane, my sound fits all alone in a mix.
It restores a huge dynamic and high performance. Result: I feel like twice the volume!

I have mine recently but I used backline or loan long enough.
I had a variety of speakers, from the smallest to the largest, but whether live or studio, nothing beats this one.
In addition, we must admit that it imposes on stage behind the fridge!
The sound is clearly his forte, and his weight his weak point ...
I would do this choice without hesitation despite the weight and bulk.