Yamaha Magicstomp EB
Yamaha Magicstomp EB

Bass Multi-Effect from Yamaha belonging to the Magicstomp series.

0Watt 0Watt
Published on 08/13/06 at 10:47
198 patches (99 prdfinis, 99 modified).

Each patch is part of a family because of the following: prampli, compressor, compressor + equalizer, distortion (fuzz, distortion, drive), filter (autowah, flanger, phaser), modulation (chorus, rotary ), pitch shift (harmonica), delay, reverb, equalizer and multi-effects. Each family is associated with a list of paramtres changed. There is no sound synthetic.

Some patches are simple effects, others may combine several effects.
All these effects are in fact filters numriques: you can edit and compltement reparamtrer the 99 modified with a PC and the USB port on the pedals.
Yamaha offers Tlcharger from the website Magicstomp new effects. At the moment there is no SPECIFICATIONS bass, but for the guitar (it works too).

Hyper connectivity simple: between 1, 2 output jack (Mono / Stereo), 1 headphone, 1 x USB (used only for paramtrage effects, no registration numrique).

The bote is compact, Boti and switches are mtal, the whole is strong.
Comes with tranfo power. The heater bote not bad, but it did not seem to GNER. Only regret: no on / off switch for the power supply.

Very easy to use at boot time: 3 buttons (on / off, + and -) are used to navigate the 198 patches. A single patch can be activated once, for some patches against combine several effects.

3 knobs allow you to change 3 paramtres of each patch. These parameters are DIFFERENT according to the patch. Gnral but each patch has more than 3 paramtres (up to 30 for some, and for multi-effects!) Can be on the pedals, switch to complte edition, but it is better to have the manual at hand and not be too hasty. The best thing is to actually edit the effect on his PC ... Fortunately, the knobs allow, by default, custom settings to change the most significant. The rglages may or may not be mmoriss.

The PDAL has two modes: mode "forward / back", where one browses DIFFERENT patches with + and - buttons, a "performance", where they can affect each button (+, - and on / off), a patch. The latter is very useful (a bit long to choose an effect from just 198 with +/-).

The manual does not explain the exact rle for the settings in a patch (otherwise it would be a directory). We need to even its own self-expression, which can be trs long (personally, I gave up.

Finally, beware of those who wish to rglages trs sharp in a hurry (in concert, for example), this is not multi adapted trs. As against those who are less presss, which use an effect from time to time, this has bote normment opportunities and taking the time, one can find the sound that one seeks, the mmoriser and out at the right time. In the latter case, use is even trs simple.

The sound quality for me trs well, I'm looking plutt LGERS effects to color his plutt as to transform it.
My bass is a Cort viva active, so an instrument means.
I like the flanger and chorus, and there are many choices among the distortions and compressors. The delay is good (for the Pink Floyd for example), and with autowah can make cool stuff.
The multi effects are trying, but do not seem too useful, unless its search for a space.

I use the Bass MagisStomp UB99B for 2 months. I was looking for a reasonably priced multi-effects, for discovering all the possible effects before you may be adopting a few. But as I was looking for something durable, good quality that I could keep a few years.
I have hsit with Zoom B1.2u, but I opt for the Yamaha history of thinking outside the box (I found trs few reviews for this bote).

I found this multi for not too expensive (125 via Thomann), but the prices seemed trs variables (including sites franais levs, up 200).

The report is for me qualitprix trs good. APRS 2 months, I gave every opportunity to express rglages, I MMore few patches with a little DIFFERENT rglages rglages of standard I was going well as a!
I would do without this choice hsiter.