D'Addario XL Nickel Wound Bass
D'Addario XL Nickel Wound Bass
Publié le 10/03/09 à 15:28
The D'Addario EXL 165 45-105 bass strings are a regular set of bass guitar strings.  I have them stringed up on my Gretsch Junior Jet bass and they do the job quite well.  This was the first time that I bought these types of strings as I don't change my bass strings all that often because I don't play bass all that often.  I'm primarily a singer and a guitar player and I have a bass guitar to mess around with, so while I don't necessarily know about all the different types of bass strings that are available out there, I do know that the D'Addario EXL 165 45-105 bass strings do the job well and have a good sound to them.  They have felt good on the fingers thus far and are overall pretty smooth feeling.  I can't say what the lifetime of these strings are as I haven't had them stringed up for all that long, but this really depends more on how often you play with them anyway.  D'Addario is known as one of the best and oldest string manufacturers out there and I wholeheartedly trust them when it comes to making strings. I prefer using Martin strings for acoustic guitars, but I love D'Addario strings for electric guitar and I have definitely now been swayed to use them for bass guitar as well.  I like this particular gauge of strings since I don't have the biggest fingers, but if you like heavier gauges I would suggest looking into this same set of strings just in a different gauge as I believe they are the same in make up and the other difference is the size of the strings.  These aren't an expensive set of strings, so if you are looking for a good set of bass guitar strings, the D-Addario EXL 165 45-105 bass strings are absolutely worth a buy.