Sabian AA Metal X China 18"
Sabian AA Metal X China 18"

China Cymbal from Sabian belonging to the AA series.

Publié le 04/30/09 à 13:16
I've been using the Sabian AA Bright Crash cymbal for about two years for recording and while it is a good sounding crash cymbal, I have used better ones that I would use over this one any day. The cymbal is 16&quot; around and has a nice bright sound to it that is good sounding, but somewhat limited in its use. I would really only recommend using it for rock music, as I don't think it has enough sparkle to it to be used for jazz or pop. Don't get me wrong, the Sabian AA Bright Crash cymbal has a nice sound to it that is great for beginners and intermediate level drummers, but I wouldn't recommend this to professionals because I don't think the sound quality is on the professional level. Sabian certainly makes professional grade cymbals, I just don't think that the AA Bright Crash is one of them. I have only used this cymbal for recording, but I would say that it is probably best suited for live shows and gigging. I say this because it isn't too expensive and can take a bit of wear and tear that it would gather playing shows. I also don't think it sounds good enough to do recording with and would look to some of the other cymbals Sabian makes and that Zildjian makes for recording. Since the price of the Sabian AA Bright Crash cymbal is reasonable, it makes it perfect for the drummer who want a nice sounding crash cymbal without the price. This cymbal is certainly on the lighter end of the spectrum when it comes to the tone of it, and for this reason I would recommend trying it out to see if it suits your style. Like with all cymbals, each is unique and needs to be tried out by the user first to see if it will fit their sound. Overall, a nice option for intermediate drummers looking to get a fairly priced crash cymbal.