Sabian AA Metal X Hats 14"
Sabian AA Metal X Hats 14"

China Cymbal from Sabian belonging to the AA series.

Publié le 07/26/09 à 14:43
The Sabian AA China 18'' is a unique sounding cymbal brought to you by the fine makers of cymbals over at Sabian, one of the world's leaders in cymbal making.  For those of you who don't know exactly what a china cymbal sounds like, I would definitely recommend checking one out as they offer a really cool sound that is unlike most other cymbals out there.  While I am not a drummer, I use have used the Sabian AA China 18'' for recording and I have to say that it is one of the better sounding china cymbals that I have heard.  I have used it in a variety of situations for recording and it always seems to cut through the mix really well and end up sounding great.  It is suitable for most styles of music including rock, pop, and jazz, but I have mostly used it for rock.  I have used the cymbal with a few difference combinations of overhead mics including Neumann KM 184s and Rode NT5s, and while I could hear the difference between the mics, they both did a great job of picking up this cymbal.  The drummer that I have used this cymbal with always raves about how much he loves using this cymbal and that it is better than any china cymbal he has used.  While a china cymbal of course isn't a necessity for a drum kit, it can add some flair to your overall sound and offers a new type of cymbal to throw in the mix.  When used sparingly and in the right situations, the china cymbal is a great cymbal for any drummer's collection of cymbals.  The price of the Sabian AA China 18'' is pretty reasonable although I would probably only suggest picking one up if you are committed to it as it isn't all that cheap.  While I haven't used all that many china cymbals, the Sabian AA China 18'' is definitely good sounding and is one of the best that I have heard.