Klanghelm launches the DC8C v2 compressor
Klanghelm has updated its DC8C compression plug-in to version 2 for Mac and Windows.
What's new in DC8C v2:
- New blue GUI
- New preset browser
- New very fast compression mode called Smash with internal 8x oversampling (might affect CPU resources)
- 3 curve shapes: Soft, Nose and Spike
- 3 saturation setup options: pre-compression, sidechain only or post-compression
- Improved saturation modes
- Crush style is now based on the new Smash mode
- Enhanced Range control
The DC8C 2 compressor is available in VST, AU and RTAS for Mac OS X and Windows 32 and 64-bit. The update is free for users of the first version, and its price is 20€ for new users. More info at klanghelm.com/DC8C.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.