VSL Updates Vienna MIR
VSL has updated Vienna MIR to v1.0 r1563.
- An extension of the Instrument Directivity Filters allows their usage for dry sound as well. This can be enabled for every instrument by the option "Use Directivity Profile for Dry Signal" at the Edit dialog of an instrument. If this option is enabled, the dry signal will be filtered with the Directivity Filter of the direction that points toward the current microphone position. In case of instruments with a very directional radiation pattern (e.g. trumpets), this effect may be very intense. While rotating an instrument artifacts may occur; a solution for this is already in progress.
- Added a check for the Windows color depth which is performed during start of Vienna MIR; in case of an insufficient value Vienna MIR will not start and show an adequate warning.
- Revision of path display and selection at the Preferences dialog.
- Added a check for the soundcard buffer size; Vienna MIR shows a warning in case of inadequate buffer sizes (fixed crashes which happened directly after starting Vienna MIR).
- Fixed casual deactivation of the first instrument's mute settings.
Viewers of this article also read...
- NoiseSoft Hard Line Industrial Distortion NoiseSoft has announced the release of Hard Line Industrial Distortion, a new free distortion VST effect plug-in for Windows.
- Voxengo TransGainer Voxengo has released TransGainer, a new audio plug-in suitable for a wide range of professional music production uses designed to implement an audio signal envelope adjustment algorithm that reacts on transients rather than on a signal's loudness level.
- PropellerHead Record Propellerhead Software today released for sale worldwide Record, its new recording software.