Avid Pro Tools | HD Native
Avid has introduced Pro Tools | HD Native, enabling the market of music and post-production professionals to tackle demanding audio projects using the capabilities of Pro Tools HD software running entirely on computer CPU host-processing power.
Taking advantage of the advancement in the performance of computer processors, this newest member of the Pro Tools family couples the software features, sound quality and compatibility of Pro Tools | HD systems, with a native audio driver. This combination offers customers outstanding performance without the additional dedicated processing hardware included in larger Pro Tools | HD DSP-assisted systems.
The Pro Tools | HD Native system offers customers an integrated hardware and software solution featuring a new Pro Tools | HD Native PCIe card and running Pro Tools HD software. Pro Tools | HD Native uses Pro Tools HD Series interfaces for up to 64 channels of audio conversion and I/O. Support for SYNC HD enables synchronization to picture for post-production workflows. For integrated monitoring and tactile control, the system integrates with Avid ICON and C|24 work surfaces, and features lossless session and project interchange with other Pro Tools and Avid video editing systems for simplified collaboration.
Additional features include:
- Third-party DAW support - Opens up workflows by giving customers the flexibility to work on their DAW of choice with support for Core Audio and ASIO drivers, enabling broad compatibility with third-party audio applications, such as Apple Logic, Steinberg Cubase, and others, while also offering Avid-advantaged integration with our own solutions.
- Integrated low latency mixer - Allows customers to focus on recording high quality audio with near-zero latency, rather than the distraction of managing a separate low latency mixer. The Pro Tools | HD Native PCIe card enables customers to easily establish a low latency monitor path directly in the Pro Tools system with the push of a button for set and forget direct monitoring while tracking.
- Pro Tools HD Series Interface support - Offers customers the ability to achieve premium audio conversion with up to 192 tracks of audio, and up to 64 channels of I/O using HD I/O, HD OMNI and HD MADI. Customers can create flexible configurations that support a variety of analog and open digital formats for seamless integration into any audio environment. Giving customers an even broader selection of I/O, the system is also compatible with legacy Avid Pro Tools HD interfaces.
- Compatibility - Provides customers the flexibility to use their platform of choice with the highest performance and stability available on a native platform, supporting both Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard 10.6 or higher.
Pricing and Availability
The Pro Tools | HD Native system will be available worldwide November 5 starting at $3,495. Pro Tools | HD Native will also be available bundled with Pro Tools HD OMNI I/O starting at $5,995.
For regions outside of the U.S., please see your local retailer for pricing.
For more information on features and availability, visit www.avid.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Impromptu v2.5 Impromptu has been updated to version 2.5. The most significant new addition is the compiler.
- Iced Audio Updates AudioFinder Iced Audio has updated AudioFinder to v5.0.5.
- Muse Research Receptor 2 System Software Updated Muse Research has released version 1.8.20100924 of the System Software for the Receptor 2 Hardware Plug-in Player.