[Musikmesse] BIAS shipping Peak Pro 6
At Musikmesse, BIAS has announced that it has begun shipping Peak Pro 6 - a major new upgrade to the pro audio editing, processing, mastering and delivery software for Mac OS X.
BIAS says, Peak Pro 6Peak Pro 6 offers many new features, including an enhanced playlist with advanced functionality including new cross-fade options and volume envelopes, new DSP sound design features, editing and delivery enhancements, user interface improvements and more.
Jason E. Davies, VP Sales & Marketing for BIAS said, "We're thrilled to release version 6 of Peak Pro. Both existing Peak users and new customers will agree that adding Peak Pro 6 to their digital audio toolset offers even more features and benefits than ever before. Whether you need to record and master audio directly to CD, design sounds, sample libraries and loops, or save time processing and delivering high quality audio, Peak Pro 6 is a must-have companion for anyone working with digital audio on a Mac."
New Features in Peak Pro 6
Playlist Editing & Mastering
- Mastering & "Classical Editing" cross-fade modes: Overlap/Gap & Centered cross-fades.
- Volume envelopes: edit volumes across entire regions, fades & cross-fades.
- Custom default x-fades: create, save & automatically apply your favorite x-fade shapes.
- New controls: pre/post roll audition, insert new event at play-head, edit sync between source document and region & more.
- Playlist waveform zooming tools: zoom to sample level, auto-zoom to cross-fade, zoom out all the way.
Editing, Processing & Sound Design Power
- Cache in RAM: RAM-based editing.
- Perpetual Looper DSP: designed to ensure "beat-free" sustained loops on monophonic sources
- Voiceover Ducking DSP: dynamically lowers music level during voice over.
- Change Pitch & Convolve Envelope: apply dynamic changes over time.
- Change Duration options: algorithmic selection for optimizing results with vocals or musical content.
- Vbox cross-synthesis link: mix, convolve, vocode, modulate & magnitude multiply virtual instruments, audio, effects & live input for creative sound design.
- Advanced dither modeling system: emulation of most popular dithering technologies
User Interface Enhancements
- new user interface - includes global contrast control, magnetic windows and more
- Vbox MIDI channel mapping, enhanced preset control & more.
- Custom playlist user interface: hide/show cross-fade controls & more.
- High-resolution meters: logarithmic metering with user configurable standard calibrations.
- Support for Frontier Design's Tranzport wireless remote controller (contact BIAS for additional control surface compatibility info)
Multiple Delivery Tools
- PQ sheet/text export: custom playlist reports with durations, index points, CD-TEXT info, notes, & more. Print, save to PDF, or export as a tab-delimited file.
- export audio documents or playlists directly to iTunes.
- Drag & drop audio between iTunes & Peak playlists.
- Metadata support: read and write "tags" (artist, album, etc.) for major file types.
- Author & upload audio podcasts directly from Peak (.Mac/FTP).
- Default Save As: set preferred file type, bit depth & compression.
- Save as MP2 & FLAC file formats.
Also includes the Peak Pro Production Pack (over $300 value)
- BIAS Reveal LE: suite of 7 audio analysis tools.
- BIAS SoundSoap LE: audio cleaning solution.
- BIAS Freq-4: 4 band paragraphic EQ.
- BIAS Sqweez-1: compressor/limiter/expander.
- BIAS Vbox 3: plug-in routing matrix.
- WireTap Pro: capture Internet and system audio with no loss of quality or additional cable connections.
- SFX Machine LT: real-time VST plug-in with 21 effects.
- 32 VST effects (delay, limiter, vocoder, de-ess, tone generator, and more) from Maxim Digital Audio.
- Hundreds of top quality audio loops from PowerFX.
- 100+ sound effects from Hollywood Edge.
- 1 year free membership from Broadjam.com - online promotional tools for musicians.
- AMG's "ONE" sample player: real time sample playback instrument featuring a limited selection of loop content.
- 100 production elements from Sound Ideas.
Pricing and Availability
- Peak Pro 6 is available now for $599 (MSRP) through authorized BIAS resellers and distributors worldwide and directly from BIAS.
- Peak Pro XT 6 (includes Peak Pro 6, SoundSoap & SoundSoap Pro, Master Perfection Suite plus DDP 2.0 Export (new), will be available for $1199 (MSRP).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.