Roland RD-700NX
Roland RD-700NX

Digital Piano from Roland belonging to the RD series.

tradcab tradcab

« Roland RD700NX built like a tank »

Publié le 05/09/17 à 05:41
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Advanced Users
I use this as my main gigging piano and have done for the last seven years. I have had to go into the editing as deep as I can to get the acoustic piano sound that satisfied me, but I feel I have now achieved this. It can be hard to get a good live sound with this board straight out of the box but with work it can be done.
I have recorded extensively with this piano and it is compares well with an acoustic grand piano and better than many I have played.
In my opinion is is a better gigging machine than the RD800 which has much more plastic in its construction . I am happy to see that the new RD2000 has gone back to the metal casing set up. I've yet to try one to see if it is worth changing from my RD700NX.

I have done at least 700 gigs with this piano and it has never let me down, I have played all the major brands but I still find the combination of action and sound (once edited) to be the best all round gigging piano.