Martin & Co D-15M
Martin & Co D-15M
MGR/Michael March MGR/Michael March

« Martin D-15 »

Published on 10/15/06 at 15:00
I've been playing guitar for over 30 years, took my first lesson at age 10. I play guitar and mandolin. Currently I play in a folk/bluegrass trio, and a four-piece rock band. I listen to all kinds of music.

A friend of mine owns this guitar. He bought it new from Guitar center for $849. He bought it after he heard my Martin HD28, and loved the sound!

I love this guitar! An all solid-wood Martin guitar for well under $1000? Wow! All mahogany, or sepele (which is similar to mahogany), nice tight chrome tuners, tusq saddle, corian nut, hardshell case. This guitar has a really nice, warm, dry tone. It plays nicely also, good action, and intonation. I'd recommend this guitar to anyone on a budget, or if you need a second guitar for jams, etc.

The satin finish is fragile, but if you're careful it shouldn't be a problem. No frills, lacks binding also.

Martin quality, great solid tone woods, well constructed. Nice fit and finish, a good value!

If you're looking for an all solid wood, American made guitar for under $1000, you can't go wrong with the Martin D-15!