Remo Powerstroke 3 clear 22"
Remo Powerstroke 3 clear 22"

Drum Head from Remo belonging to the Powerstroke series.

MGR/mtebaldi MGR/mtebaldi

« Remo Clear Powerstroke 3 »

Publié le 06/16/10 à 15:00
This is another skin that I’ve used many times. I was lucky enough to get a package for free of them on 2003 and I still have one of them left. The Powerstroke 3 is a great head, probably one of the most known. I had this head on my kick on my band’s last tour in March.

You will find this head for about $40 in the market. Look for value packs, they can save you a few bucks.

<a href="http://www.glintonline.com">http://www.glintonline.com</a>

The Powerstroke 3 gives a bright and punchy attack with a decent amount of resonance. The outer edge ring is the responsible for the controlled overtones quality this skin has. I usually use this head without a falam slam pad, I think, it kills a little the voice of the drum, but again, it’s a matter of taste. If you need more attack definition, the falam pad can always help.

This is a single ply ambassador-weight head with an underlay ring at the outer edge of the head to subtly dampen unwanted overtones. It comes with a falam slam pad and has has a great durability.

The Remo Clear Powerstroke 3 will give your kick drum a standard sound that fits with all music styles. Nice punch and controlled resonance.