Puremagnetik has released TrapKit for Ableton Live 8, Kontakt and Logic. TrapKit is "a vintage 1960's Ludwig drum set recorded in a large reflective room with a vast array of microphones."
All drums and cymbals were recorded with various articulations using both close mics and overhead mics. Multi-channel mixing, and non-repetitive sample triggering make TrapKit “an extremely realistic and thoroughly musical sample set, ” according to Puremagnetik.
TrapKit Drums Include:
- 1965 Ludwig Kick 20" × 14"
- 1965 Ludwig Rack Tom 8" × 12"
- 1965 Ludwig Floor Tom 14" × 14"
- DDrum Snare
- Zildjian Hi-Hats
- 20" Zildijian Hand Hammered Constantinople
- 16" Sabian aaxplosion
Tracking and Recording Specs
- Kick In – Sennheiser e602
- Kick Out – Brawner VM1
- Snare Top – AKG 451
- Snare Bottom – SM57
- Floor Tom – summed to one track – TOP – Neumann KM84 / BOTTOM – AKG 414-C12
- Hi Hats – AKG C 451
- Stereo OH – Pair of Coles 4038 Ribbon Mics
For more information, visit www.puremagnetik.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.