< Tous les avis Percussion Plus Parcel
Parcel Parcel

« Percussion Plus, par excellence... »

Published on 09/18/22 at 15:46
Audience: Beginners
I had a Pearl Drum X (e-drum kit) in the 80s an eventually went back to acoustics by part exing it for a Percussion Plus drums only set, with no hardware or cymbals as I had my own, including a Pearl Rock snare.

The sizes were 12" 13" power toms, a 16" F/T and 22" Kick.

I quickly improved the sound by changing the heads, an eventually fitted Premier Black heads an later on, Pearl Black Beats.

As u can see in the pic. The kit looked stunning in Wine Red. But I digress.

Once I tuned an changed the heads, I then started to dampen them down, providing a dryer sound
Now with the correct tuning, it no longer sounded like a budget kit (its original intention by the maker).
But started to develop into a power rock kit.

I looked after the kit by keeping the power toms 12" an 13" in a travel trunk foam lined an sectioned.
And Black Mamba plastic drum cases for the Kick, F/T and Snare, along with a long stands case for the hardware.

As I already had a drum rack, cymbal holders, hi hat an of course cymbals. The kit was self contained.

Later on I added two small 8" an 10" power toms, also kept in a plastic case an foam lined for protection. Eventual by getting remote hat, I was then able use a second snare. The kit was now complete.

It was fabulous kit and I still miss it to this day.
But I have moved on to E drum kits an e drum pads.

So it's a farewell to the best sounding and fully functional kit an set up, I have ever had and played.

Images linked to this review