[Musikmesse] SSL Duende PCIe
Musikmesse sees the launch of Duende PCIe.
Duende puts the SSL sound inside your workstation hardware. PCIe is a high bandwidth, half length, full height slot-in PCIe card that works in both PCs and Macs. This card is geared to those who work with lots of external firewire equipment, or those who want to integrate their SSL processing and workstation into a single case unit.
Duende PCIe will be demonstrated at Musikmesse in Hall 5.1 on Stand# B.75.
According to SSL, Duende PCIe matches the processing power of its 19" Classic Duende sister with a stack of DSP processing power available to drive up to 32 channels of plug-in processing (at sample rates up to 96kHz) within your host application. You can run two Duende PCIe units on a single computer system for up to 64 channels of processing, it can also partner with firewire connected Duende Mini or Classic to achieve increased channel processing count.
Duende is based on the DSP technology behind SSL's C-Series digital consoles and Duende PCIe ships with the EQ and Dynamics Channel and the Duende Bus Compressor plug-ins.
EQ and Dynamics Channel
The EQ and Dynamics Channel provides a single plug-in slot EQ & Dynamics processing solution.
Key Features Include:
- 4-band EQ, two shelving and two parametric sections.
- Variable low-pass and high-pass filter.
- Switchable EQ characteristics between E Series and G Series EQ.
- "Over-Easy" soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions.
- Variable process order routing.
- Dynamics side-chain processing with independent side chains for compressor and expander/gate.
Duende Stereo Bus Compressor
SSL says: "The Duende Bus Compressor delivers the punch and drive of the classic SSL Master Bus Compressor, a key element of many legendary recordings. Widely regarded as 'audio glue' for a mix, its sound is an essential component in creating a great mix. The centre section compressor from SSL's 1980's G Series analogue console is an audio production legend. It is the secret behind countless classic recordings. It is a simple unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity".
PCIe also ships with fully functional trial versions of the growing portfolio of plug-ins available for the Duende platform. Other Plug-ins available include Drumstrip, X-EQ and X-Comp.
Duende Plug-ins are compatible with any VST, AudioUnit or RTAS* host application. (*RTAS supported through the use of VST-RTAS wrapper).
Duende PCIe will be available worldwide through selected SSL Resellers from April 2008 with a MSRP of £600 + Local Tax.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] TC Electronic Tap Factory TC Electronic has announced Tap Factory, a hybrid delay/reverb plug-in that combines multi-tap delay effects with early reflection reverb effects.
- [Musikmesse] BIAS shipping Peak Pro 6 At Musikmesse, BIAS has announced that it has begun shipping Peak Pro 6 - a major new upgrade to the pro audio editing, processing, mastering and delivery software for Mac OS X.
- [Musikmesse] Rob Papen RG At Musikmesse, Rob Papen has announced RG, a brand new groove plug-in that is designed to be far more than just a "virtual Rhythm Guitar player".