Chevin A 500
à Chaud à Chaud
Publié le 12/19/06 à 15:16
I bought my first Chevin A 500 and an introductory price when it came out, there must be ten years.

Seduced by its lightness and compactness.
Thank you for my vertebrae.

Before that, I bought various models sold after I bought this little wonder. Is too heavy or poor resistance to short circuits, or lack of power limiting and therefore "useful" too low.

Since I only buy speakers high efficiency power 2x300W me more than enough.

Especially since the limiter is well developed that can be used with the amp clip LED to red without particular disadvantage.
The ridges are "erased" so inaudible.

This amounts to produce the equivalent power of a double (or triple) one could give an amp of the same power but without the limiter.
Only 1 amp 2 x 300W speakers pushing my 8 Yorkville YS112 dB/1W/1m sold for 101 (four on each side because these speakers are some 16 Ohms impedance), and I get as much of its facade of a three kilowatt classic!
Obviously helped by Subs, also with high efficiency and driven by conventional 1600W amp.
Amp indestructible. Resistance to short circuits amazing. Limitations well designed that maintain the amplifier in its normal operating zone.

When he sticks impedance too low (<4 Ohms):
-Let the power demand is low, and it will send to the current maximum allowed. We therefore do not notice anything.
-Either you demand more than the max ax and protection of the sound peaks. It is very audible and it calls for reducing the load or the power required.

Now I have 3 amps Chevin A500, the two additional purchased secondhand.
I use them all the sauces: multicast, additional speakers to fill the holes in the distribution main amp for returns, etc..

Always the interest of low weight, which surpasses every time the cost of the machine.
One glitch in nearly 10 years of use: a strong distortion channel.
Cause: a filter capacitor death.

These capacitors are working at high frequency and pass a current important than 5A. The smaller manufacturing defect increases the loss angle and results in heat in the capacitor which soon melted.

Fortunately my dealer still has capacitors in advance. Repair in less than one hour.
Here we go again my kiki.

I will put out a score of 10 for build quality, ease of use and practicality of the small size and low weight. But reduce Note to 9 because of the price. Otherwise it would be 10 out of 10.