ToneBoosters launches TB FlX and updates plugins
ToneBoosters add to its plugin collection the TB FlX equalizer and dynamic processor and update all of its AU and VST plugins to v2.8.5.
The TB FlX (Flex) combines equalization and dynamics processing in one plugin for Mac and Windows. By moving 5 nodes along a frequency axis, a frequency-dependent gain is defined. In TB FlX, each node has additional functionality, including the ability to define a level input/output curve (or compressor curve), the attack and release times (with classical or intelligent release curves) and the amount of stereo widening.
- Almost 100 parameters to shape the sound
- 5 nodes to control a frequency-dependent gain and compressor input/output characteristic at any frequency in the audible frequency range
- 3-node dynamics editor supporting upward compression, downward compression, expansion, and negative ratios. The compressor curves can either be a hard knee or smooth.
- Each frequency node has its own attack time, release time, and stereo widening parameter
- Compressor release curves can either be ‘classic’ or ‘intelligent’
- Intelligent widening algorithm – automatically disallowing out-of-phase signals at the output that sound ‘hollow’ and unpleasant
- Integrated output spectrum analyzer
- Spectrum editor and compressor editor with zoom functionality for fine-tuning
- Dry/wet control to blend between input and output
TB FlX is sold 15€ at www.toneboosters.com. You can also download a demo version (in fact a bundle with all the plugins).
ToneBoosters also updated its entire catalog of plugins to v2.8.5 and fixed a GUI redraw issue when selecting presets in some hosts. Reelbus v2.8.5 also has an improved bounce behaviour in Logic Pro and a new tape model, while Compressor and EZCompressor received two new compressor algorithms.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Audio Damage Bitcom is available Audio Damage announces the availability of Bitcom, a bit crusher driven by a step sequencer for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Steinberg Cubasis v1.1 compatible with Audiobus Steinberg updated today the Cubasis DAW on iOS devices to version 1.1 in order to add Audiobus compatibility.
- Native Instruments is Kompletely Irresistible Native Instruments launches a special offer on Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 Ultimate until the end of March 2013.