Twisted Tools Buffeater
TwistedTools have announced the release of Buffeater, a real-time, dynamically ordered, granular multi-effect for all versions of Reaktor 5.
The effect works by capturing live audio and storing it in a temporary buffer, which allows for real-time processing of the incoming audio using granular synthesis and other methods, the company says. In plain terms, Buffeater is designed to allow you take live audio and tweak elements of the sound such as time and pitch, while controlling the signal flow of the effects by the order in which you play.
Stretch: A granular time and pitch stretching effect. You can use this effect to slow down (stretch) your audio and even freeze it, while still maintaining control over the audio’s pitch.
Tape: A varispeed type effect that allows you to slow down/speed up effect while also altering its pitch. This is similar to the effect you get when speeding up or slowing down a tape.
Slice Repeat: Allows you to repeat fragments of incoming audio and even re-order them on the fly. You can also adjust the speed and direction of the playback of the slices.
Deconstruct: Takes slices of incoming audio and randomly rearranges them in time and can also reverse them. This effect is similar to Slice Repeat, except that it is more random and also features a ‘slide’ setting that causes audio to glide between slices.
Scratch: Classic turntable style scratch effects, similar to what a DJ does with vinyl or cdj's. This allows you to play with time rhythmically with results that sound like ‘scratching’.
Feed Grains: Feed Grains is a granular feedback effect, that is great for creating spatial effects similar to reverb and also to create similar effects to ring modulation. This is a unique effect. Try it and experiment.
- 6 real-time granular and buffer effects.
- Playable via MIDI.
- Advanced internal automation system.
- Independent automation speed and length per knob.
- Effect signal flow is dynamically re-ordered as you play.
- 288 FX Presets and 60 Snapshots (Combos).
- Kore and Maschine Templates.
- Time-stretching sample playback system.
- 346mb Sample Library.
- Sounds by: c2, Richard Devine, EVAC, Glitchmachines, Josh Hinden, Mike Huckaby, Haptic, Komposit, Rena Jones and Tembu (Bay Dawgz).
- Video Tutorial.
Viewers of this article also read...
- whiteLABEL Bolsterisers - Naive Dynamics Plugins The bolsterisers hark from a time before compression as we now know it. A long-obscure English experimentalist engineer and gentleman scientist by the name of Edwin Pierfax III derived his naive design of the original bolsteriser during a nap on the lawn with his cat Tiswold.
- Producer Loops Diginoiz for Free ProducerLoops.com in collaboration with sample manufacturer Diginoiz presents 'Diginoiz For Free', a free sample pack that can be downloaded as part of a paid order and features 6 construction kits in Urban styles, in 1GB of multi-format content.
- Mildon Studios Otobongo Mildon Studios has announced the release of Otobongo, a free bongo percussion kit VST instrument plug-in for Windows.