Fodera and Victor Wooten have teamed up again to create a very original bass, the Victor Wooten Bow Bass.
Fodera unveiled the prototype of the Victor Wooten Bow Bass. This is a 5-string fretless bass inspired by Modern Art and which, according to Victor Wooten’s wishes, can be played traditionally (fingerpick) or bowed. The instrument was delivered to the artist at the beginning of the month and is currently tested, so refinements are to be expected before launching the commercial version.
Here are the specifications of this new Victor Wooten Bow Bass:
- Alder body
- Burl box elder top
- 3-piece maple through-body neck
- Ebony fingerboard with 24 frets, red fret marks (the instrument is fretless), no inlays
- 34” scale length
- 2 P-J-style Nordstrands pickups
- Fodera/Pope custom 3-band preamp
- String spacing: 17.5mm
- Natural finish with Yin-Yang motif on the back
All the info about this Victor Wooten Bow Bass are currently available on the Fodera Facebook page.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Blackstar present the Fly 3 Bass Blackstar Amplification has unveiled the Fly 3 Bass, a bass version of its 3-watt mini-amp range.