Fodera unveils the Victor Wooten Bow Bass
Fodera and Victor Wooten have teamed up again to create a very original bass, the Victor Wooten Bow Bass.
Fodera unveiled the prototype of the Victor Wooten Bow Bass. This is a 5-string fretless bass inspired by Modern Art and which, according to Victor Wooten’s wishes, can be played traditionally (fingerpick) or bowed. The instrument was delivered to the artist at the beginning of the month and is currently tested, so refinements are to be expected before launching the commercial version.
Here are the specifications of this new Victor Wooten Bow Bass:
- Alder body
- Burl box elder top
- 3-piece maple through-body neck
- Ebony fingerboard with 24 frets, red fret marks (the instrument is fretless), no inlays
- 34” scale length
- 2 P-J-style Nordstrands pickups
- Fodera/Pope custom 3-band preamp
- String spacing: 17.5mm
- Natural finish with Yin-Yang motif on the back
All the info about this Victor Wooten Bow Bass are currently available on the Fodera Facebook page.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Alusonic launches the Rigoni Signature hybrid bass Alberto Rigoni signs an Alusonic 5-string hybrid bass guitar that combines wood and aluminum alloy.
- Chapman introduces its 1st bass Chapman is currently working on the prototype of its very first electric bass guitar, the MLB-1.
- New ShreNeck traveling basses ShredNeck completes its Z Series with traveling basses ; the series until now only featured small size electric guitars.