Gibson celebrates Thunderbird Bass 50th birthday
The Thunberbird Bass is 50 years-old, and for this special anniversary, Gibson USA launches a new golden version.
- Mahogany body
- Through-body mahogany neck, rounded shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets and pearloid Dot inlays
- Grover with Shamrock tuners, 20:1 ratio
- 2 T-Bird Bass humbucker pickups, ceramic magnets
- 2 volume and 1 tone controls
- 3-point Thunberbird bridge with individually adjustable saddle
- Black pickguard with golden Thunderbird image and Anniversary dates
- Golden hardware
- Bullion Gold finish
- Hard shell included
MSRP is $3332. More info at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Bass amp buyers guide I read somewhere that Leo Fender’s genius was in his business choices. He was one of the first to understand that the success of an electronic instrument depended on the quality of its amplification. He then put out a new amp to go with every new guitar. Without the Bassman, the Precision would have taken a lot more time to become successful! That’s why we’re following up our recent bass buyers guide, with a new guide, this time for the amps.
- [Musikmesse] Fender Cabronita Precision Bass Fender debuts at Musikmesse the four-string Cabronita-style Precision Bass.
- [Musikmesse] Jens Ritter launches a fretless bass Jens Ritters showcases at Musikmesse the R8-Singlecut Concept 4-string fretless bass with custom in-body tuning system.