TC Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator
TC Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator
8oris 8oris
Publié le 12/04/09 à 15:28

<ul class="ul">

What are the effects, types of effects available?

</ul>

Modulation effects: chorus, tri-chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, vibrato

<ul class="ul">

What technology is used? (Analog, digital, tube ...)

Digital
<ul class="ul">

Are they edited? Via a publisher Mac / PC?

Yes they are editable.
<ul class="ul">

What is the connection? (Audio / MIDI)

Instruments input and 2 outputs, all in stereo

<ul class="ul">

Is this a rack or rack-mount model?

</ul>

The pedal is complete and solid, stable, potentiometers are fucking and switch too. RAS on this point.

9 / 10

<ul class="ul">

The general configuration is simple?

</ul>

Okay, we&#39;ve seen better. Let&#39;s say the MV-1 has lots of features and editing is not obvious. Including the organization of the manual patch / preset. It needs to be done.

<ul class="ul">

Editing sounds and effects is easy?

</ul>

Here, the same. In fact, all modulations have the same base, and what makes pots comun: Depth (Depth), Speed ​​(Speed). TC adds 2 potentiometers whose action depends on the chosen effect. So it is like having a pedal with two knobs knobs x 2 + 7 is 16 potentiometers. TC had the idea to provide a summary sticker.

With practice, but it fits the grip is not intuitive.
<ul class="ul">

The manual is clear and sufficient? ...

</ul>

Yes, from this point of view not too much trouble.
Manuel clear but the grip is not intuitive, and storage of their games were over at first.
6 / 10

<ul class="ul">

The effects are they effective, responsive and realistic enough?

</ul>

So TC, I do not know, and I&#39;m expecting the digital clean-sounding nickel! Okay, so, no loss of strength or character of the instrument or its guitare.Niveau, Me, I do not. The difference between the chorus and flanger is quite marked. I have not been seduced by the grain of the phaser, nor the tremolo. For cons, the vibrato is very sympa.Les settings are not obvious, and I struggled to find sounds that I liked. I was especially disappointed by Flanger ...
Moreover, the transition normal / psychedelic for each effect is very sensible.On password from nothing to too much of a movement on the pouillième knob "special"

<ul class="ul">

Which instruments do you use?

Guitar (ESP LH MH400NT)

<ul class="ul">

Which ones do you prefer, you hate?

</ul>

Apart Vibrato: none. My Danelectro tremolo is much more fun and easy to settle, I have a Boss DC3 is irreplaceable and will ring in 1000 when the tri-chorus (supposed to be more "space").
Overall I&#39;m disappointed. At my office, I may not be tried fairly. But I spent a few hours on this pedal, and I have not managed to get out a sound that suited me.

5 / 10

<ul class="ul">

For how long have you been using it?

</ul>

Approximately one month, but I do not need to wait longer to see that this product does not suit me.

<ul class="ul">

What thing do you like most/least about it?

</ul>

Most: the principle. A multi specialty modulation effect is the dream. I&#39;m a fan of chorus, flanger, vibrato, and allow all this with functions of Tap-Tempo, with memories of beaches, and a single pedal, the DREAM! The least: the sound that I have not packed at all.

<ul class="ul">

Did you try many other models before getting this one?

</ul>

In chorus, I had a Behringer (musty), a Boss DC3 (excellent), a Belcat (months) and I am sure looks DC3 mieux.En Flanger, Boss I got BF2, BF3 Boss, Ibanez FL9, Psychoflange , Digitech X Series, FX747 Dod (the one I currently have), DOD FX75B. From everything I&#39;ve tried is very average.

<ul class="ul">

What is your opinion about the value for the price?

</ul>

This pedal costing about 250 €, which is not very expensive given the possibilities of adjusting the number of bank. The equivalent in dedicated pedals cost a lot more in the medium range brands (Boss, Digitech ,...). sounds: we like it or not, I like it! But the quality / price seems good.

<ul class="ul">

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...

</ul>

No way, I sold it. Any takers.
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">In conclusion:</span>

This pedal, I dreamed long ago, the demos are great assets, TC has good feedback. In practice, it is almost perfect level possible, the grip takes a little time in return but that is understandable.
His level, I&#39;m pretty disappointed but some are likely to find their happiness.

6 / 10