Fender '62 Jaguar Japan Reissue
Fender '62 Jaguar Japan Reissue
Popsyman Popsyman

«  the 60's at your fingertips »

Published on 12/27/11 at 23:32
I mailed the notice to complete the previous opinion.

It's a MIJ Jaguar. Mine is white and has been slightly adapted to my taste.
The violin is good, the guitar is not too heavy and the shape is very comfortable to play standing as sitting, despite its size rather impressive at first.

It's a good guitar for the bargain price, but requires some mods to become a queen ...

Let me explain:

The bridge is really original galley. I play on a pull strong enough (11-52) and the strings were constantly jumping as soon as I pressed a little too pick attacks. So I changed to a Mastery Bridge commanded the US, and since then no more problems.

The original MIJ pickups are not terrible. low output level, its not very well defined, and a strong tendency to force feedback as soon as the distortion. So I made mine by hepcat rewind pickups, and there the sound is excellent. It snaps, it is defined and I have the feedback problems.

The Good:

Mechanics, despite their vintage design are very good agreement.
The vibrato works fine, but this is not done to the Jeff Beck or Steve Vai.
The sound is very sixties, very slammed with little sustain. Perfect for the rock (not hard rock or metal), country, funk. I love this sound somewhat be compared to a stratum, but remains typed.

I love this guitar since I made these small changes. And for the price, I would go back with closed eyes.