Fender '62 Jazzmaster Japan Reissue
Fender '62 Jazzmaster Japan Reissue
Published on 12/21/09 at 17:37
The Fender Jazzmaster Reissue Japan is an electric guitar that has been made in a number of different years.  The one that I have used is a 1996 reissue and is pretty much exactly the same as its predecessor as I have used both models.  The guitar has two soap box style pick ups along with a tone and volume knob and unique tone volume sliders.  It also has a standard pick up switch and also has a whammy bar.

Using the Japanese Fender Jazzmaster Reissue isn't hard as everything is pretty easy to understand.  If you have any experience with electric guitars I don't think you'll have a problem controlling your sound.  This being said, there is more going on here than on most electric guitars.  The neck of the guitar is one of the best feeling that I have ever played on.  It has a fluid feel and it is the type of guitar that makes you always want to come back for more.  The shape of the guitar is unique and is overall beautifully designed in terms of its look...

The Fender Jazzmaster Japanese Reissue is one of, if not the most versatile electric guitar that I have used.  The amount of varying tones that I find possible with this guitar is outstanding.  Since you have two tone parameters and two volumes, you can adjust them in a variety of ways to get all sorts of tones.  I use the guitar primarily with a '76 Fender Twin Reverb but have used it with a variety of amps and I find that it works best with a tube amp.  A main reason for this is because you can get some killer overdrive with a tube amp when you turn up both up the volume all the way.

I've now been using the Fender Jazzmaster Reissue Japanese version for quite some time and I can't say a bad thing about this guitar.  Not only is it one of the easiest guitars to play that I have tried, the tone is also outstanding.  It also has one of the coolest looking designs that I've seen.  Needless to say, I love this guitar through and through and it is one that I would highly recommend.