< Tous les avis Fender Mustang [1964-1982]
Fender Mustang [1964-1982]
Fender Mustang [1964-1982]

Electric solidbody guitar with JZ/JG body from Fender belonging to the Mustang series

d boon d boon
Published on 04/23/09 at 09:29
I play on two Fender Mustang 1978 serial numbers begin with S8, the first is completely original except for re-hooping, nut and tremolo arm recently found on ebay (attention: Mustang Reissue Japan vibrato stems are not compatible). there is a cut in the back of the body. the finish is "natural" as the picture, black pickguard and pickups caches, pots black Strat-type buttons, mechanical "f" entirely metal, rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets and cut the back of the body. I bought this guitar here 750 euros. the second Mustang was repainted in "silver", with mint green pickguard (the mustang us have a black pickguard in 1977, but this color is even better) and caches pots similar to those of us mustang up 'by 77, if the characteristics are the same as the first. I bought this guitar in pdf 650 euros on ebay us. a small revision and two three repairs later and here with me a second time guitar for the price of a reissue.

The Mustang is a fairly simple instrument, either in design or in the game, one quickly feels comfortable. the short scale is ideal if you have small fingers, rosewood fingerboard is slightly rounded and fairly thin frets. the weight is reasonable. vibrato works well and the guitar is still given when using a pulling hard enough. I use 11/52. mustang two for the price of one (if you look at the price of opportunity in France). it was time that I was looking for a second guitar and finally I found the same so even handle and even sound. at least that's what I thought: the fender "natural" is frène and "silver" is alder. suddenly they have their own personality.

The mustang, not change the microphone during a game like with a Stratocaster or Telecaster: unless you change the wiring, it will make do. I mainly use the one and clear sound bridge pickup is close to a telecaster, arpeggios sound good with these guitars (that said, with two microphones, the phase out of position is really good for arpeggios and neck pickup only in his clear, is similar to that of a Stratocaster). chords sound great too. to the crunch I use an old mxr distortion + germanium with the gain at 10 am and for leads an old Ibanez OD850 overdrive with the gain at the kids, no need to push the single coils have little output level and it quickly becomes draft. I play on a deluxe reverb silverface 1970.

I have owned other fender "affordable" means a telecaster squier jv 1982, a Stratocaster hardtail 1979 and changed quite a strat bullet in 1981, one with the metal pickguard makes easel board, ultra cheap but ultimately not so bad. the important thing is still playing. the Mustang (1964-1981) were entry-level models, but since the grunge fashion of the 90s, the prices have soared and it became anything. guitarists while playing on these guitars did not have the means to play on the high end of the time and turned to those models that offered good customization base to send heavy (humbuckers ...) while maintaining a good 60's design. I think I will keep a long time these guitars.