2 new MOTU AVB-compatible audio interfaces
MOTU adds to its AVB-compatible external audio interface range two new models for professionals, the 24Ai and 24Ao.
Both new MOTU 24Ai and 24Ao are 1U rackable professional models that complete the recently introduced MOTU 1248, 8M and 16A (see this news). They offer respectively 24 channels of input and output and three ADAT optical connection banks for a total of 72 available I/O. Analog connexions are made on D-Sub DB-25 or 12-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) and both interfaces are equipped with DSP effects, AVB Ethernet and USB ports for connecting them to a computer on which you can use the included AudioDesk 4 software.
- 72 audio channels: 24 balanced analog inputs on the 24Ai and outputs on the 24Ao on three D-Sub and Phoenix multichannel connector banks
- 3 x 8-channel ADAT optical banks for 24 channels at 44.1 / 48kHz or 12 channels at 88.2 / 96kHz
- Class Compliant USB 2.0 (USB 3 and iOS compatible)
- 324 x 24 LCD display
- 32-bit floating DSP
- 48-track digital mixer modeled on a hardware console
- 12 busses and DSP effects, including a classic reverb, a 4-band EQ modeled on a British console, a gate and a modeled version of the LA-2A compressor
- Discovery app available
- Matrix for the channel routing and split
- AVB audio network
- Expansion capacities with a second interface via a Cat5 Ethernet cable and support of up to 5 MOTU AVB-compatible interfaces via the AVB switch sold separately
- Web control app for the DSP, mixer, main settings, audio network routing…
- Wireless mixing and control via a WiFi router or Apple Airport
- AudioDesk 4.0 included
Both MOTU 24Ai and 24Ao audio interfaces are immediately available and carry a price of $995. More info at www.motu.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SonicZest releases Acoustic Autumn for Kontakt Has SonicZest been inspired by French poet Paul Verlaine and his Autumn Song when he developed his new acoustic guitar library for Kontakt?
- Rob Papen’s Quad RE is out Last week we told you about the upcoming synth Rob Papen was about to release for the Reason DAW. Quad RE is now available.
- The B-Step Sequencer in v2 and multiplatform Monoplugs has released version 2 of its B-Step Sequencer bass/chord sequencer plug-in and app.