Axoloti, a hybrid system to create your synth
Belgium based Axoloti has launched on Indiegogo a crowdfunding campaign for its new software/hardware hybrid synth and effect project.
The Axoloti system allows you to create your own synths and effect processors by using a circuit board, a standalone hardware controller and a software:
- The Axoloti Core is a circuit board with 1/4“ stereo inputs and output, 1/8“ headphone output, 5-pin MIDI DIN input and output, a slot of microSD card, a mini-USB port, a ribbon-type cable to connect to the Axoloti Control, a 24-bit / 96 kHz AD/DA controller and a 168 MHz STM32F4 micro-controller
- The Axoloti Control is another board equipped with a 128 x 64 pixel monochrome LCD display, navigation buttons, one endless rotary encoder for value adjustment and four « channel strips », each with an endless rotatif encoder, three status LEDs and a push button with LED, as well as an STM32F1 micro-controller. This module allows for browsing the patches and adjusting the parameters without any controller or the need to assign the settings to MIDI controllers
- The Axoloti Patcher is the software part of the system, with JAVA-coded GUI (the rest with C++), compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The librarian and patcher is designed for patch and algorithms creating and editing as well as object compiling. It offers analog and digital audio inputs and outputs, LFOs, oscillators, envelopes, filters, MIDI, mixer, logical operators, delay lines, echo, various meters (VU, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer…), math operators and distortion
The system supports MIDI polyphony, parameter modulation and the controls are MIDI mappable. After editing, the patches are stored on the Axoloti Core so you won’t need your computer to play your sounds.
The Axoloti system will be available starting from May, but you can fund the project now at Indiegogo and purchase your Axoloti Core from 60 € excl. shipping fees. Details are available at axoloti.be.
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.