BenFox FILTHY FUZZ
BenFox FILTHY FUZZ
yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« good distortion »

Published on 01/01/12 at 21:46
The BenFox Filthy Fuzz is an overdrive pedal that has 2 channels so you can set two different types of distortion/overdrive and toggled between the two. The pedal is an analog pedal and has a 1/4 inch input and output. The effect is not rackable as it is a stomp box.

The set up of the pedal is very easy. There are four knobs - 2 for each channel. It is really easy to get a good overdrive tone out of this pedal - just simply adjust tone or level and gain to set how much or how little distortion you would like. I've never used the manual because I haven't had a use for it.

The overdrive produced from this pedal is rich and full in tone. I have only used this pedal with guitar - usually a Fender Stratocaster into a Twin Reverb, and it adds a rich overdrive tone to my sound. Both of the channels sound good on this, both while using a small amount of the effect and while cracking it, depending on what you are going for. I would imagine that this pedal would sound good with other instruments too, but I've never had a need to try it out with anything other than a guitar.

I have been using the BenFox Filthy Fuzz for 2 months and I'm really glad I got one of these. I used to own an MXR Double Shot Distortion, which also has a 2 channels, and this pedal sounds way better - both a rich tone and more authentic sounding. I've come to love the pedals BenFox Filthy Fuzz makes as they sound great and are built well. While this pedal is a bit higher priced than your average pedal, to me it is worth it because I know I am getting a product that will last for a while and has a sound that adds something to my tone.