Ableton Updates Live 8
Ableton has updated Live 8 to version 8.3.1.
- Added support for Mac OS 10.8 "Mountain Lion".
- Improved performance when recording many MIDI CC data into MIDI clips.
- The default takeover mode for control surfaces has been changed to "none" (this will only affect new installations).
- Minor changes for usage data reporting.
- Fixed a bug which could lead to degraded resolution of automation data when recording automation for VST plugins running in Novation's Automap shell.
- Fixed a bug which prevented samples from being opened in an external sample editor.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when importing two identical audio files into Live.
- Fixed a bug which could lead to two undo steps when freezing a track.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the save dialogue to disappear in OS X Lion.
- Under certain conditions, Live's splash screen wouldn't appear on OS X Lion.
- Opening an alias file of a Live set wouldn't work on OS X Lion.
- Fixed login problems in the SoundCloud uploader on Windows.
- Fixed a rare crash which could occur with automatic updates on certain Windows computers.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.