[Musikmesse] Ableton Live 8 & Suite 8
Ableton has announced that Live 8 and Ableton Suite 8 are out now.
Two new instruments, Collision and Latin Percussion are also available; both are included in Ableton Suite 8.
Live 8 and Suite 8 include a new groove engine, revamped warping techniques, live looping, five new effects (including the Ableton Vocoder), crossfades in the Arrangement View, group tracks and a reworked MIDI editor, according to Ableton.
Ableton Suite 8 includes all that plus a sound library and several instruments, including a range of synths, a sampler, electric and acoustic drums (new: Latin percussion), mallets (new: Collision), numerous sampled instruments and a new Operator.
New in Ableton Live 8:
- New groove engine: new groove library, extract grooves from audio or MIDI, real-time groove quantize. Includes grooves from the legendary Akai MPC and E-mu SP-1200 machines.
- New warping engine: warp audio events by adjusting the events on the timeline, updated Beats Warp Mode, new Complex Warp Mode, slice audio files to MIDI tracks based on transients.
- Looper: classic sound-on-sound looping without the limitations of a hardware device. Record, overdub, undo and more without touching the computer. "First loop sync," simple loop management.
- New effects: Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter and Frequency Shifter.
- Workflow enhancements: including real-time crossfades in the Arrangement View, enhanced MIDI editing, group tracks, multiple track selection, a screen magnifier and more.
New in Ableton Suite 8:
- "World-class" sound library: completely new sound library with real-world "Sound Objects," presets, grooves, templates and, above all, over 1,600 beautiful sounds.
- Collision and Corpus:[/b] a unique physical-modeling instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Includes Corpus, a separate effect that reproduces Collision's resonator section*.
- Latin Percussion: a collection of acoustic percussion instruments from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music, plus a wide selection of clips and grooves for authentic usage.
- Operator, Ableton's renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
- Plus these existing Ableton instruments: Sampler, Electric, Tension, Analog, Drum Machines, Session Drums** and the Essential Instrument Collection 2**.
*Collision and Latin Percussion are also available separately.
**Boxed version only.
Pricing & Availability
Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8 are available today from your local retailer and at www.ableton.com.
Ableton Suite 8:
- Boxed version: €699 / $849 (includes Ableton Live 8, sound library, 10 Ableton instruments including Session Drums and Essential Instrument Collection 2, printed manual).
- Download version: €549 / $699 (includes Ableton Live 8, sound library, 8 Ableton instruments).
Ableton Live 8:
- Boxed version: €449 / $549 (includes the Essential Instrument Collection 2, printed manual).
- Download version: €349 / $449.
- Upgrades to Suite 8 / Live 8 vary in price, depending on the Ableton products you already own.
Collision: €129 / $159.
Latin Percussion: €79 / $99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Kick-Free Revolution Vol. 1 Oliver Schmitt returns with the next Sample DVD from his Revolution sound-set series.
- [Musikmesse] Superior Drummer 2 Update Toontrack Music has updated Superior Drummer to v2.1.0.
- [Musikmesse] Stylus RMX Update Spectrasonics has updated the Stylus RMX plug-in to v1.8, designed to introduce a new and more flexible system for parameter automation.