PreSonus Studio One Free
PreSonus Studio One Free

General Sequencer from PreSonus belonging to the Studio One 2 series.

canarboipeu canarboipeu

«  An alternative to Cubase convincing »

Publié le 08/25/14 à 06:45
This is the moment of the free version. (It is shown at the top of the page AF product that it is no longer sold ??? ... I do not know why because it is quite possible on the Presonus site).

Installation on Mac fast and smoothly. Ditto for compatibility.

No need to Manuel, a few YouTube videos are enough to understand the mechanism of this sequencer.

Mac mini quad I7 - RAM 16 GB - os x Maverick.
Motu Audio Express card.

Operation and impeccable stability. Ergonomics and ease of use amazing.

A small example, the free version does not allow imports, I tried to copy and paste a Midi track made and exported in the cubase studio one and it is played perfectly.
It only remains to be assigned an instrument.

Of course, I can not give an opinion that part since I installed only there three days.

I bought it a few months ago Cubase Elements 7 which I think is a simplified version of Cubase 7.5 but I am extremely surprised at the ease of use of studio one in comparison.
For example, the string sounds are much better though few.

I did not know this app is looking at the test Cubase 7.5 Los Teignos on YouTube that I paradoxically found. Its impartiality, relevance (and irrelevance) make me here long service, a big thank you to him!

Once this free version well explored, I think jump to the Producer version that allows the import plug-ins VST and AU.
Value obviously unbeatable since it is free.

In summary, I find this app more than comfortable, friendly and extremely efficient. I'll leave aside for Cubase continue this despite the commitment that I had for this legendary sequencer since my Atari.