Steinberg Nuendo Live
Steinberg releases Nuendo Live, a dedicated live recording software solution for engineers, production houses and rental companies.
Nuendo Live features a user interface that observes the single-window concept "without unnecessary options to avoid clutter and streamline processes," according to the company. Dedicated live tools include its record panel displaying the essential recording information, such as timecode, recording length and remaining disk space, a 60-second pre-record buffer and auto-save ensures that every second of each recording is always stored away in the background. Tracks are created on startup and armed simultaneously while easy marker track management helps to create markers on the fly.
Designed to integrate with Yamaha CL consoles, Nuendo Live displays all the CL console’s channels with intricacies that include color schemes and more. In addition, users can remote control Nuendo Live by using the console’s touchscreen.
Nuendo Live provides an unlimited number of recording channels, EBU standard RIFF 64 Broadcast Wave File and multitrack output option for virtual soundchecks. Rounding out the comprehensive feature set are basic editing functionality and 64-bit support for Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.7 systems.
Availability & Pricing:
Nuendo Live is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop and also as a boxed version at authorized Yamaha resellers. The suggested retail price for the download version without the USB-eLicenser is EUR 329, including German VAT. The suggested retail price for the boxed version is EUR 349, including German VAT.
Features at a glance
- Live recording system featuring a single-window operation, a record panel, a pre-record buffer and more
- Integration with Yamaha CL series consoles for controlling essential Nuendo Live functions from the live console
- Recording quality based on Steinberg’s audio engine with up to 192 kHz
- Nuendo Live Record Panel shows essential session information
- Session Management with auto-naming of recorded files, multiple folder creation, marker track, auto-save and notepad
- Automatic track creation function
- 24+ hours recording time thanks to EBU-compliant RIFF 64 broadcast wave format in standard recording mode
- Virtual Sound Check allows for use of previous recordings for sound check, including marker recall and 1:1 output
- Standardized rendering formats and Nuendo compatibility for post-production
- Nuendo Live includes essential editing functions
Check out the Steinberg website for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Video Samson Technologies Carbon 61 Video Samson Technologies [Keyboard Controllers Series] Carbon 61 @NAMM
- Sónimus Sweetone Sonimus has released Sweetone, an equalizer that combines modern and vintage EQ characteristics to emulate analog equalizer curves.
- Sinevibes Summer Special Sinevibes has announced another summer special, with all of its Audio Unit plug-ins dropping price to $19.