[NAMM] Tracktion 4 reload without Mackie
Julian Storer, father of the Tracktion sequencer, has teamed up with ex-Mackie employees and announces the return of the software in a 4th version.
Available now only under the Tracktion Software Corporation brand (includes Storer, James Woodburn and Dave Christenson), Tracktion 4 features the same operational characteristics as the original program but with an entirely new audio engine, designed to be updated and developped.
T4 provides support for OSX Mountain Lion to take advantage of Apple latest hardware and operating systems. It also provides support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 8. Audio Unit (AU), VST and VSTi plug-in formats are supported and the latest generation audio codec from Microsoft, Windows Media Audio (WMA) is also supported.
Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI) is included for audio data management between applications. There is also support for 64bit Mac and PC operating system.
Main features :
- Single window GUI
- 64-bit / 192 mix engine
- Unlimited tracks
- Safe record : recording doesn’t stop until you enter a customizable key command
- Loop recording
- Loop Browser organized by instruments, genres, "descriptors", keys ; search field
- Time stretch and pitch shift
- Filters included : Volume / Pan, Level Meter , 4-Band EQ, Aux Send and Return filters, Effects filters, plus third-party VST plug-in and virtual instrument filters.
- Mix Automation
- MIDI Editor
- Audio clips with edition tools
- Folder tracks allow hiding and showing of groups of tracks in an edit, , with support for nested folders
- Collection Clips lets you edit all folder contents at once
- Marker Track allows display of all the markers in the edit, and can be treated as clips (edit, move, split, stretch...)
- Save and export to .wav, .aif, and .mp3 formats
Tracktion is available at www.tracktion.com for US $59.95 for new customers and $29.95 for upgrades. If you purchase a new Mackie product that includes Tracktion, you are automatically eligible for Tracktion 4 download.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Avid launches the Pro Series AAX plug-ins Avid announces at NAMM the launching of a new Pro Series processing plug-ins in both AAX Native and AAX DSP formats.
- [NAMM][VIDEO] Touchscreen function in Sonar X2A Exclusive demonstration of the touchscreen function in the new Cakewalk Sonar X2A at NAMM 2013.
- [NAMM] Tascam launches US-322 & US-366 interfaces Tascam introduces at NAMM two new US-322 and US-366 audio USB interfaces equipped with DSP mixer and effects.