Ross 15 BAND STEREO

All user reviews for the Ross 15 BAND STEREO

• moosersmoosers

Ross 15 BAND STEREOPublished on 10/08/10 at 19:19
    1 photo
    The Ross 15 Band Stereo RX15S is a dual channel graphic equalizer, with each consisting of 15 bands. It's an analog piece of gear, although I'm not sure what years these were made for. I also don't remember the connections on it, as the one I've used was hooked into the patch bay for making connections. It is rack mountable and will take up a single space in your traditional rack casing.

You don't need to have too much experience or knowledge about sound in order to use the Ross 15 Band Stereo EQ RX15S, or at least I've found it very simple. Beyond the 15 bands on each channel, there is a low cut and an in/out button for each as well. That's everything there is to know about the RX15S, or at least on paper it is. I haven't seen a manual for this, so I can't say anything about it.

The sound of the Ross 15 Band Stereo EQ RX15S is about average, as it isn't bad but also isn't anything special; it is what it is - a 15 band stereo EQ. It's really what you do with it that counts, although here they do make it very easy. It's not the cleanest EQ in terms of sound, but sounds good enough for making simple moves, either for live sound or in the studio, although I believe it would be better suited for live sound, even though I've only used it in the studio.

While I don't know that it would be worth it to seek out the Ross 15 Band Stereo EQ RX15S, if you do come across one at a cheap price, it's worth considering if you're looking for a graphic EQ. This isn't very much different from most of the other graphic EQ's out there, but while it doesn't stand out, it is pretty good at what it does...