< All Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II XL reviews
Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II XL
jmlesaux jmlesaux

«  Huge, great, incomparable! »

Published on 05/10/14 at 03:50
Digital amp modeler (Rackmount) wholes types, product provides access to a list of guitars and amplifiers firms (to use the term) amazing.
I was not thrilled with this kind of product! For example: Roland VG99 for me to play on a Les Paul guitar from that nylon strings like a Godin is not credible.
The is very different is that I use my guitar amp on I choose and it works.
I for comparison an old Boogie Mark IV and a collection of Mesa in the box, it sounds the same.
The firware updates regularly provided by Fractal Audio make the product evolves: 14.0.2 firmware to date. Ditto for pedal MFC-101.
The manufacturer provided all the tools to edit and update on a Mac or PC (Windows 8.1 X64 support) and USB driver for connecting a computer, because the beast is also a formidable card.
I acquired directly pedals MFC-101 (via XLR cable) and I installed the live AXE EDIT to be able to adjust and understand the workings of the beast.
All connectors are here: MIDI, Audio (Jack and XLR) DI 48K, and various opportunities extensions: Pedal control and external Switch.
Guitar input on the front, just take the headphone above.
A large display shows the current preset or tuner, and all this is sync on the display of the pedal, including Tuner: ca it's very convenient!

The editor everything becomes clear: access to sound banks, chaining hardware and suddenly we can easily test the result if you want to change the speaker or amp.
One can easily explore the presets provided and reassurance on: impossible to have the gear to Mr. Gilmour at home, except with the AXE FX.
And if by chance you still want more, there are speakers and amp complete packages on the internet, just search on the forums.

There is also an editor for the pedals (http://www.ejozsoftware.com/default.html) remains a full-fledged MIDI pedal for those who want to make independent use.
But the marriage of the product is the winning pair for easy use of the Audio FX.
The pedals are already pre-programmed for easy use super and it is possible to acquire a set of "Sticker" for the names of effects (pedals) on the MFC-101.

All manuals are provided in PDF on the website builder, and a small quick start guide comes in the box (with some goodies from G66. :-), Thereby putting hands in direct sludge ..

My set is as follows: Ibanez Jem diverse and varied / a pair of Mackie SRM450 for direct / Edirol M-16DX and KRK-6 for monitoring / Cakewalk SONAR X3 for the sound.

The effects are excellent and can fully reprogrammed according to his taste.
The most impressive is the potential to make a Floor Pedal Board with wiring and looping effects impossible in normal times: nobody at his disposal as many effects pedals in order to achieve what is in the AXE FX.
But we can keep it simple and play amp and a live drum and CA SONNE!

Do not hesitate to read the few pdf files on the site, and I found the list of amps provided in the machine and their correspondence in presets.

I wade over since April 23, 2014, the day he arrived at home.
At the beginning, we have fun. Then explores and then become aware of the infinite possibility of the machine.
Then immersed in textbooks and is registered on the forum.
The grip is very easy, especially with the pedal, then if you want to go further, we must dig editor and textbooks.
Personally, I still wonder what I'll do the "shoveled" unnecessary sounds like Star Wars that are in it, but at the same time I have 100 user presets for fun, so I left unchanged.
At first, I listen, I try, I explore, and I store what I like.
Value for money: it's expensive, but not disappointed with the result.
I will redeem without problems.