< Tous les avis Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II XL
Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx II XL
Bzrk Bzrk

«  Top notch. »

Published on 08/28/14 at 08:04
The effects are too numerous to be listed here.
With the latest update to the device, there are over 180 amps modeled.
The list of effects is no less impressive, and type of effect there is still a wide variety.
I found sounds Eventide is say ...
The techno used is original. Rather than trying to replicate a type of sound from the amp by conventional formulas used by competitors, Fractal simulates amp component by component. One of the computing unit of the apparatus (3 there, I believe), is dedicated to only the physical reproduction of the lamps.
That's why it sounds so close to a real amp.

Using the AXE is not very complicated, the greater part of the parameters are easily and their default setting already sounds pretty good. However, if one digs, the possibilities are endless and there is a bunch of advanced settings to refine those (not me).
One can learn a tinker's sounds as and able.
There is a very good soft Mac, Win and Linux / Wine that works very well. The drivers of the camera can be installed on Linux or it is seen as a USB2 soundcard.

G66 provides a doc Quickstart, useful to take his first steps.
I've had six months, and I'm probably just scratched the possibilities of the machine. I have not tried the Tone Match (which permlet to reproduce the sound of an amp by having her listen).

I register my home with Bitwig Linux. It works well.
The app shows 4 channels: 1 dry and 1 stereo stereo with all the effects.

Among the effects that I use and love:
* The amp sims, this is the top.
* The Wah (amazing).
* The reverbs,
* Chorus.
There are so many other effects that I do not use (yet).
For now, there is nothing that I would not be able to do with it, by repeating, studio or concert hall.

I use it for 6 months, I had a Pod X3 Pro (blah), an Eleven Rack (way, excellent), and then the Fractal, there is no comparison, The fractal smashes everything.
My other guitarist, who is big on amp and effects pedals (it has a nice collec of Eventides and vintage pedals) and never hooked to this kind of material change of heart.

It's expensive, yes, but it is without compromise, for me, there is no better.
More updates (3 or 4 years) add new amps, effects, prefectionne simulations etc ... It is a living product and fast moving.

I added the community now very active and friendly, there is an exchange of sound website with guys who know the system, I recovered a lot to suit my taste.