Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
guitarfolies guitarfolies

«  Excellent but very classical »

Published on 12/31/12 at 06:12
Delay + digital external tap tempo (better in my opinion than the integrated tap). Subdivisions and useful function "looper" for 2 seconds or less (at the time, it was a blast Time passes ...)

The config could not be easier, since you took the trouble to learn what are the positions on the rotary switch. Then, it's childish, and perfect to tweak its settings live situation.

External tap tempo is a very good thing. The DD7 is not provided, and many are complaining. The DD5 is really easy to use in all circumstances.

Delay very transparent, very clean, and warm enough for digital. Despite the rumors, this pedal is not cold since we have a good guitar and a good amp. It makes what you give, that's all. I've never had to complain, and when I went to the Nova Delay TC, I had a little trouble finding the finesse of some settings DD5. On electric or acoustic, the DD5 is perfect for those seeking a delay clean. Lovers of vintage sounds, go your way.

I kept a dozen years, then sold recently because I needed presets. So I went to the IB Modified Nova Delay TC well in another genre. In fact, sometimes I miss the DD5: I have not found the discretion of the Boss in the TC Electronics, and sometimes I wish I had kept the DD5. I play strat Hiwatt all-tube and upscale, and DD5 has never seemed weaker than the rest. A good little pedal.