Eventide TimeFactor
Eventide TimeFactor
Zak58 Zak58

«  Fabulous pedal ... »

Published on 12/31/12 at 02:34
Everything has been said, I'm just trying to complete the previous reviews, hoping that this opinion (purely personal) will be helpful (I want to thank this site and all Fanziens because their opinions help me a lot in my choice)

For simplicity, we underfoot a delay pedal with 9 types of delays and a looper.
Each of the models proposed delays to setup two delays A and B with their own mix, feedback ... etc..
The pedal is digital. It can connect to a console (live or studio) or directly into the amp (or amp loop)
Via USB, you can also save presets on computer and make updates provided by Eventide (the current version, 3.5, has significantly improved the pedal, I will come below)
It has 100 presets recordable (50 banks of two presets). All we want to noon. But you can program the machine to display only a few presets (I reduced to 20 presets for not juggle footswitches for example)

The manual is very well ... And especially essential! Nothing too complicated but it will venture into the menus.
For example, I activated two interesting features: catchup (uh, I'll explain that another day!) And bypass + delay (the delay tail is not cut when cutting effect is great. However, this mode is not true bypass but nothing to indicate the level of sound quality)
Then, we must admit that the pedal is not plug and play. It takes a little fiddling ... But quand'on is accustomed to delays, not need a degree! Knobs at the top are normal.

You can program a delay, as with any matter, with a latency in milliseconds but also, and especially, according to the tempo. Small aside: I'm rather remained, analog with all my gear but the delay effect is certainly the first that can not cross the fearful to the digital sound is very good, there may be a delay deteriorating as repetitions own (so you win on all fronts). But the possibility of programming the tempo provides flexibility fabulous (very important when you love delays specific to The Edge for example) can be defined as the pulsation (foot or by turning the knob) and then we chose the small delay the black one in the dotted eighth ... etc.. (Anglo-Saxon ratings, 1/4, 1/8). Rehearsals are very accurate (without tedious calculation) and you can then change the pulse delay while keeping a snug.

There is a mode bank (there are two presets under foot rested and sailing in the memory of the machine) and a mode where you play program where the beast and a footswitch can freeze the delay to make a kind of water . Cool.

The new update will always be remembered in advance but now we can walk down (we have two seconds to turn the knob). Eventide therefore takes into account critical to improve beast!
You can also name the presets (I love!)

It remains to speak of the looper, I find it best but I confess that I do not utiilise this pedal for it (I prefer the jamman)

Its level, there is nothing to throw!
Having memories is really handy live.
You can get a lot of different effects, and the pedal is still be a creative tool: Eventide offers its factory presets of beautiful models and sounds of space we can still modify the environ.
We can even recreate the effects of flange, phaser, leslie, chorus (which are ultimately based on a sound delay) convincing (or even extra reverb).
But the basic function remains the Delay and TimeFactor shines in the area. It is certainly in the high end. Whether the delay in subtle or more now, I love what comes out of this machine.

Note: With an optional footswitch, it was even more opportunities to walk and creativity needs to be multiplied with an expression pedal, but I have not had the chance to try it.

I've had two years now.
The more time passes, the more I love this pedal. I more control and more I like it actually.
Before I had more modestly a Boss DD 6 and my little Line6 Echopark two good pedals but there we go to the next level.
The pedal is very expensive (I got it secondhand, and it was already bad), but now I understand that breaks his piggy bank for such a wonder. Eventide and thanks to updates, further improving the machine (some caveats previous opinions are obsolete!)
I can only advise ...