Bose QuietComfort 3
Bose QuietComfort 3
Publié le 02/12/09 à 22:17
I bought the Bose Quiet Comfort 3 headphones about two years ago. I got them because I wanted to get a set of headphones that I could bring around with me both to listen to my iPod and to listen mixes on and use with Pro Tools, as I have an Mbox Micro that enables me to use Pro Tools LE 7.4 on the go. When I got them, I disappointed as I had higher hopes for them. The sound quality is pretty good overall, but to me it colors the sound too much and projects a low mid low end that I only hear on these headphones. For this reason and other, I have come to the conclusion that while these are not suitable for recording and mixing purposes of any kind. These are consumer audio headphones and need to be treated as so. Expecting them to be more I have found is unrealistic. I thought that it would help me to block out noise if I needed to work in a situation where there was some noise, but found that they didn't do enough to allow me to hear clearly enough what I was listening to. The main reason I expected so much from these headphones was because of the price. For the price I was expecting a great set of headphones that are versatile and that I could use for both listening purposes and for editing on the go. I have since sold the pair of these that I bought as they didn't meet my needs. This being said, these aren't bad headphones at all, I just had higher hopes for these and have since moved on to using real studio headphones made by Sony and Sennhesier. If you are working with professional audio gear, I would recommend to stay away from these and check out some of the real studio headphones made by the companies I mentioned above.