B&W Dm 630 serie 1
B&W Dm 630 serie 1
Gabiche Gabiche
Publié le 04/12/06 à 07:59
I've had these speakers since I bought them secondhand 18 months ago.
I had already published a review, but I'm updating it.
At the price I bought them, it was an awesome deal.
What I like best is their sound. It's a pity that it has a small dip in the mids. I would've preferred more aggressive mids, but you can't have everything; besides, you can always correct it.
It has a clean-cut design, despite the box made of medium-thickness chipboard.
Other than that, the quality of the materials is very high:
- The woofers have an aluminum chassis, a plastic diaphragm (I don't know what material it is), a suspension also made of plastic, which has the advantage of standing well the test of time, unlike foam.
- The tweeters are heavy enough (I opened up the speakers) and they seem to be made of a pretty solid material.
- They come with 2 vents, a short and a long one, depending on the type of lows you want.
- Comprehensive connections and the speakers are bi-amplified
- Anti-vibration feet on the bottom of the speakers.

They are no longer made, they are 14 years-old! Apart from a couple of aesthetic defects, they don't have a single wrinkle and I like them a lot.