KEF 104/2
Ernie Schmuntz Ernie Schmuntz

« Beautiful example of Engineering  »

Published on 09/09/21 at 10:50
Audience: Anyone
I picked a pair up that had sat for 15 years. I restored them from the ground up. All cabinet seals, driver seals and mounting hardware are new. Internal wiring updated to Kimber. New center surrounds and the T33 tweeters cleaned with new fluid. The Teak cabinets were cleaned and refinished, the grills recovered.

This is the best classical speaker I’ve owned. They image better than any speaker I’ve owned. The two very anemic 8” woofers produce an incredible low end. Just a terrific design. The midrange and top end is very smooth and detailed. There’s nothing dated with this speakers sound. It can still hold its own against new designs.

I’ve powered my pair with Nakamichi, Hafler, Yamaha, Rotel and Crestron. The Nak is my preferred with the 104/2. It’s a very sweet balanced sound.

Images linked to this review

• photo