Music Man 112-RP Sixty-five
Music Man 112-RP Sixty-five
Dédéo Dédéo
Publié le 10/15/10 à 01:26
It is a hybrid amp lamps / transistors 65 real watts. When I used it for rock, I've never had a power problem. It has always been there. I used it with a Hiwatt cabinet at a time and three bodies Marshall did him no fear. Level connections, it exits the front but I've never used. These are stereo jacks with different voltages. He placed a 57 sm before and it rolled. There is a reverb fendérienne "and a phasing which gadget today. At the time, it would often ... Today, for jazz, if you push the clean sound a bit you get a slight grain that makes all the difference with transistor amps too clean today. Amp super solid, never down, or even fuse. At its repackaging, I could see the electronic part: it's handmade in the States, perfect welds, high quality components that have not moved anything, it is like new inside.

The sound is excellent. Mine has a Celestion G12 HP that I had installed to replace the ElectroVoice to sound more rock Britsh. What a lack of discernment may have to be 20 years ;-))
However, ultimately, with this heavenly vontage, it sounds perfectly. It is a bit heavy (relative to its 20 kg) but playing the Gibson Arhtop on this amp and a AER Compact 60, it has nothing to do.
You have to play with the gain to get the good seed and dynamic level, projection, it's all good.

The sound palette is very extensive. My guitar teacher at the time (Hi Mike) was the ball (noble profession that has almost completely disappeared ...) can play with any of Heavy Metal to the rumba. Please take your fingers and it has me, it comes. Only limitation, electro-acoustic guitars sound fantastic in there. AER C60 however ;-))
Sratocaster Fender, Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul, SG, ES 135, ES 175, while I played with the same happiness. Often, the guitarist was very average but its still excellent. How many times you 've been offered to buy ... I held out! Then time passed, he had aged and "marked a little sore" in my living room. The sound is always perfect, but his stays in damp cellars, tons of dust, beatings, cigarette burns and UV were correct in her dress. So I completely re-conditioned: Tolex nine, sanding the rusted parts and processing: it has a look that pleases me as the first day. I changed the lights every ten years because it gets more beautiful sounds clear with time, it gradually deteriorates. Currently, the lamps are 5 years old and has a beautiful grain.

Thirty years of more or less intensive use, it is unstoppable. Acoustic G100T I have a wooden cabinet is a beautiful but too heavy and capricious. I drag my MusicMan in bars, lounges, many different scenes at the seaside, in full sun, winter, summer, and it works beautifully. I had fenders, Carlsbro, Peavey, Ashdown, Orange, Acoustic, Galen K, but none has been for me the versatility and reliability MusicMan. If you find any opportunity (unfortunately, can not buy this amp new, but this way I will not be disappointed ...), you can go is to the ball!
Note that I tried Fender amps lately and it works fine too, no problem, however I do not know if it's made with the same rigor that these amps Seventies, I do not think so. My MusicMan outlive them so ...