Glockenklang Onboard Preamp 3-band
Glockenklang Onboard Preamp 3-band
astroperenoel astroperenoel
Publié le 03/25/10 à 09:34
This is a pre-amp's internal Glockenklang German mark.
Have hesitated to take the 2-band as a bass with 4 holes I finally jumped on the opportunity to acquire 3-band version of 4 knobs.
There are two models in two versions: the 2-strip 3 or 4 knobs and 3-bands in 4 or 5 knobs.
Finally a brand that offers a very interesting choice according to the possibilities of low current.
The downside (if you can say enough is one) is to lose the tone control acute in compact mode.
The connection is intuitive, simple and fully explained, is the son of microphones soda, soda is the output jack and voila.
About me, so I installed this kit on my fretless bass (Leduc legal copy) which is switchable active / passive volume (pull / push), and with a balance, a high-pitched + / - 18dB at 18KHz mode Assets (full mode it is also pitched in passive mode), a medium + / - 9dB at 550Hz and control serious + / - 14dB at 40Hz.
All under 9V.
It is perfectly proportioned, ingeniously mastered.
We feel that electronics has been carefully considered and tested extensively with musicians, behavior that is found in major brands.

The usage is very intuitive.
There is a very versatile sound and yet it is not a gas plant.
The electronics has been very well thought out.
The race of knobs seem perfect: a small rotation produces a small difference, a large rotation, a big difference.
Not much to say more level use, otherwise it all seems perfect!

While there can be spread on the other hand lines!
In passive mode, and coupled with EMG active pickups jazz, the sound is absolutely impeccable!
A pure delight of his fretless passive mode very convincing, very breathless output level.
When one goes into active mode, there is absolutely no difference in sound when the corrections are in the middle!
It's rare if ever the case, well here is reality!
In active mode, we have access to the "big sound", and it sends, but still perfectly audible
-The bass is extremely well represented, even at max is very "boom" without distortion
-Mediums are perfect, very good frequency range, although they enhance the natural sound of the bass
-Highs are crystalline, never shrill, like, very good frequency range.
I'm not going to make boxes, but it really is the best preamp I've ever tried!
Side game to pick, I was very pleasantly surprised, there is a hum that deals with natural ears of pure sound!
The stroke of the micro scale allows precise dosing and there is a homogeneous output level between the microphones (to believe that there is a good spirit in there!)

I installed this kit in late 2009, I still never got back!
The pre-amp was original yet at the height but it saturated the maximum and passive pickups were not on top.
With the EMG active jazz kit, I think I was a formidable weapon!
The setting is missing (passive tone) I do not really useful as the sound in passive mode is convincing and rich.
Value for money very good, since we can hardly do better.
Repeat this choice?
Ben just I'm already telling myself that it would do very well in other low ...

Aside: when I acquired an old Vigier, I criticized the "age" of 3-bands because Vigier works with a parametric (one engages in the équalo +15 dB for example, and the frequency is swept, based rather than having a fixed frequency and varying intensity), well I think that's exactly the kind of accessory that made me turn my cuti!