< Tous les avis Roland KC-550
Roland KC-550

Keyboard Amplifier from Roland belonging to the KC series

songboy songboy
Published on 02/07/09 at 07:48
This amp is a solid state setup. The power coming out of this thing is fairly strong at 180w. The connections are actually pretty sweet on this amp. This amp has a built in 4 channel mixer which offers stereo 1/4&quot; jacks for each channel and also an XLR input on channel 1 and finally an RCA input. The outputs include stereo 1/4&quot; and XLR connections and of course a headphone output. This amp was also designed to be part of a larger setup. You also have the input/output options to stereo link the amp with another KC model amp and also a Subwoofer too. As for settings, well, it has a three band EQ with a &quot;Shape&quot; button that kind makes the sound a little more punchy in my opinion. It also comes with a ground loop switch which can come in very handy when you get that awful humming sound. As for effects there are no built in options.

I would say that the general config/setup is very simple. If you have ever used even the most basic mixer and the most basic combo amp, then you should be totally fine. If you zero all the knobs (12 o'clock) the sound is pretty decent. It only takes a little tweaking of the highs and lows for me to get the sound I like. I puchased my KC 550 used and didn't get the manual. However, I have never come across anything on this amp that would make me need it.

I have had this amp for 1 1/2 years. What I like most? It has stereo connections for a single speaker. That comes in very handy when you want to use this amp as a PA speaker but only have one (good for DJs). I also like how light it is for its size. Its not a feather but its the same size as some other solid state amps I own but weighs a good 20 or so lbs. less. What I don't like? It could be my speaker is going bad, but I feel the amp cannot handle low end frequencies very well. It starts to make some bad distorted sounds on some of my &quot;bass&quot; keyboard patches. Overall, this is a pretty decent amp for someone who wants the power and the simple mixing options with out having to lug around a whole PA. If thats not you, spend your $600 on a nice powered PA speaker, and when you can spend that much again, get the other one for the pair. I also own a really nice set of EV powered PA speakers and they suit me much better. Infact, I might be selling my KC 550 just because I never use it any more.